To support those taking part in Veganuary this year, we thought we would share a delicious winter warmer recipe, to keep you inspired!
Join the lunch club!
Welcome to lunch club – our monthly series where we share and recipes to inspire your lunch box and complement your favourite Ten Acre flavours. The recipes are always vegan, dairy-free, and gluten-free, just like our crisps!
This month we are sharing a naturally creamy sweet potato & carrot soup recipe with you, ideal when so many other soup recipes contain dairy or animal-based ingredients.
Soups are a go-to lunch staple through the colder months and can be perfectly accompanied by some of our salt seasoned crisps!
Winter Warmer Soup Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ large onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cm piece of ginger, minced
- 450g sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1 cm cubes
- 300g carrots, sliced
- 300g cauliflower florets, chopped
- 750ml vegetable broth
- 1 tsp ground coriander (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Add the olive oil and onion to a heavy-bottomed pan, over a medium heat and cook for about 5 minutes. Stirring regularly, add the garlic and ginger for a further 3 minutes.
- Add the chopped sweet potatoes, carrots and broth to the pan, along with the coriander if you are using it. Reduce the heat and allow it to simmer for 7 – 10 minutes until the sweet potatoes are tender.
- Remove from the heat and add the chopped cauliflower florets, and let the soup sit for 10 minutes.
- Once cooled slightly, transfer all the ingredients to a high-speed blender (or smoothie maker will work) and blitz until smooth. Return the soup to the pot, season to taste and warm through.
- Serve your winter warmer soup with a side of salted crisps, perfect for dipping!
SHOP OUR RANGE
Our full delicious range of flavours is available via our Amazon store and to celebrate veganuary we are offering 20% off all orders throughout January!